Monday, June 29, 2009

Cowboy Strange

I just finished a shoot for a movie trailer yesterday. It was an unexpected job, but I was grateful for the experience. I received a phone call from Jacob Walinski (a name I didn't recognize at the time) who told me I had been a background extra in a short film he produced last summer. He said he saw my headshot and wanted me for the role of "Emmett." (sometimes a "look" trumps talent) Hooray!


I don't know the whole story, since the trailer only has selected scenes, but basically, Cowboy Strange is a tough cowboy who comes to town and is beaten up by a group of men. Emmett is a farm-type who befriends him. As Emmett I was in three scenes, but had only one line (3 words).


The best part was that I got to wield a shotgun ... or at least a prop that looked amazingly real.


It was a great day even though the temperature was over 100. Everyone associated with the production was great -- we all suffered through the heat and consumed mass quantities of water ... and just between you and me, I had one tiny frozen margarita during a break.



Thanks to all the crew and cast for making me feel at ease. And a special thanks to the City of Manor police for allowing us to shoot a scene using the Police Department.



The first photo below shows Emmett working on a weed trimmer while ignoring the heat, the mic boom operator, and Jocob. Note to self: old bathtubs do not make comfy seats.



The second photo shows most of the cast and crew taking a break from the intense sun.






1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow, this is big news! You are officially a character actor - or at least a character!
S-