Saturday, July 11, 2009

I Guess I'll Live

Yesterday I received an email saying that I didn't get the role of the old politician in the marketing video. I didn't expect to get it anyway. I just don't look like an old politician. Old, yes; politician, no.

As usual they reject you with boilerplate text.

"Piryx would sincerely like to thank you for your participation in the Piryx marketing video. Unfortunately, we are taking our video in a different direction but think you would be great in our future projects. Thank you for sharing your talent and we hope to contact you sometime in the future for roles in upcoming videos!"

They never say you are not a good enough actor. Really sweet. I guess I'll live ... there's always tomorrow.

I replied to another casting call yesterday. I keep scanning the calls looking for any role for a male 50 or over. This one is an unnamed, low-budget feature. They are casting 3 Old Timers for a bar scene, and a Country Market Owner (older male, some physical acting necessary).

1 comment:

Susan said...

You should be glad that you don't look like a politician - there are better roles to come!
S-