Friday, March 27, 2009

Bad News; Good News

First the bad news. Due to a scheduling conflict I'll be unable to participate in "Vigilante Justice" as an extra. I'm disappointed as I like the idea of being in a female vigilante movie. Here is a portion of the email I received from creator Brooklyn Duell on Wednesday:


"If anything changes I'll let you know and if your schedule changes to allow you to be on set that day...let me know...we'd love to have ya."


They'd love to have me? Hearing that elevated my spirits considerably ... almost as much as a couple of frozen margaritas followed by a couple of hot senoritas.

The good news is that I got an email late Wednesday saying I was selected to be an extra in the feature film "Conflict of Interest" as an elderly campaign worker. It's not a paid position, but I will get a credit in the film, which means I will be on imdb.com at some point. Woo hoo! At this stage of my new "career" it doesn't take much to excite me. Here's a little of what the confirmation email said:


"You've been chosen based on your look or potential to look like ... (an elderly, conservative campaign worker)"


Okay, so I AM elderly. At least they got that part right. But this supports my theory that, at least at this level of acting, looks are more important than any acting ability. Also, the first quote above says they'd love to have me, but everything they know about me they learned from a headshot that I sent to them. Obviously, in these two instances, they're mainly going for a certain "look." I'm figuring that it's the smooth dome that makes me standout among all the headshots they look at.

So, I guess that puts the odds in my favor as there are lots more people with hair than ones that are naked on top. On the other hand, there are fewer roles for baldies. Hmmmm...

A Favorite Quote

"In weightlifting, I don't think sudden, uncontrolled urination should automatically disqualify you." ~ Jack Handey

No comments: