Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Fun Evening at the Improv

Monday, Mar. 23, turned into a long night as four skits were performed and taped, three of which I participated in. The participants last night consisted of Scott, the creator/producer/director/camera man, etc.; Katt, a femme fatale type; Sami, a sexy, smart secretary type; Jerry, an everyman/businessman type, and myself, a bald, old guy type. See photos below shot during the evening. The first one involves a standoff between a two-bit detective (me) and a desperate potential client (Sami). The second one is of Sami (who will be off camera during taping, Katt (as the sexy devil) and Jerry (as the smartest man in the world who outsmarts the devil). The green background will be digitally replaced with an appropriate background by Scott.

Other projects I'm involved in are moving ahead and some shooting schedules are being firmed up regarding the dates my scenes will be shot. The calendar is being updated to reflect this as I get the information.

I've also responded to another casting call for a student film about a female vigilante. I'm just waiting for more details at this time. And I've responded to a feature film about a mysterious object that influences the progress of humankind. It is possessed by a 72-year-old man whose days are numbered. Sounds interesting.

A Favorite Quote

"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking." - J. C. Watts




No comments: