Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sometimes All You Need Is Luck


I went to a scheduled second audition for "It's Complicated" on 3/6. Director/producer/creator Donavan Starghill told me he was casting me in the role of Ron. Ron is the producer of the "show in a show" and is scheduled to be in the first three of four episodes. Ron, who is written to be 40+ years old, is older than the other characters who are mostly in their early twenties.

Filming is scheduled to start in about a week, although a definite date has not yet been set.

The series will be shot in the studios of TSTV (Texas Student Television), the only on-campus TV studio in the country that is owned and run by students. The series of four episodes will take four weeks to shoot. It will be available over-the-airways and on Time Warner Cable in the Austin area.

I'm getting a little concerned about overlapping schedules for this series and the film "Sublime Intervention" which will be shooting over a period of two weeks beginning the last week in March.

It will be an enlightening experience as well as a learning opportunity as I know nothing about how a TV series is shot.

It's been two weeks since my audition for "Upon a Midnight Clear" and I haven't heard back, so I'm guessing I didn't get a part in that film. Darn it. What does a guy have to do around here to get a role? I mean besides being able to act. Time to start saving up for acting lessons.

It's time to turn my attention to my next audition (for "Illegal Crossing")scheduled for tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

Susan said...

You are a movie star in training!! You need to give a bit more info on how the auditions work. Keep the blogs coming!
Susan