Monday, March 2, 2009

"Collector of Sounds" Audition


Yesterday I auditioned for the role of Grandpa in the UT student film, "The Collector of Sounds." The director is Angela Torres Camarena. Filming will begin on 3/23.

For the audition I was required to do a cold reading from "Little Miss Sunshine." I haven't seen that movie, so I was flying blind but at least I was flying!

After the audition the director said that I hadn't been eliminated from consideration (translation: I didn't completely screw it up). Of course, as far as I know, I was the first person to audition for the role of Grandpa (Actually, I'm hoping no one else even auditions for the role). She said she would let me know something in about a week.

"The Collector of Sounds" is a story about a little girl who can make sounds with her voice that have healing powers. Her grandpa is dying and she desperately wants to help him. He, meanwhile, only wants to spend as much quality time with her as possible.

1 comment:

Susan said...

It's after the fact but you must see Little Miss Sunshine. I know you'll enjoy it. I guess they wanted a grandpa like that one -
You are on a roll!
Susan