Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Improv Group Audition

I have been invited to attend a meeting of an improv group here in Austin that meets every Monday night to work on skits. The group's focus is on producing videos for entering competitions with prizes ranging up to $27,000 and possibly more. The productions are mostly comedic in nature.

Here's a quote from the invitation to audition I received:

"We'll probably make up a couple of skits and see how your range is. (angry, sad, manic, cold, playful, etc.) and your ability to riff on dialog."

Production resources for the group include costumes, props, special effects, and a greenscreen.

Next Monday night should be an interesting experience. This sounds like something I would like to be involved in. I hope I show enough promise to become a member of this troup. Regardless of outcome, I learn from each audition and, hopefully, improve with each one.

A Favorite Quote:

"Worry is interest paid on trouble before it comes due." -- William R. Inge

New Business Card Design

Here is the design of my new business card. I'd like your feedback, especially any suggestions on how to improve it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool card! When and where can I see your act?